Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try! - Dr. Seuss

Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Water Color of Sorts - Just a Beginning

Good Sunday Afternoon!
I have decided that I want to expand my horizons and explore some painting.  To that end, I am taking several courses on line.  I am taking an art journalling course by Junelle Jacobsen and the first part is about water colour.  Here is my first effort.
Part of the process is choosing a word which means something to me.  I chose "forty".  Steven and I have been married for 40 years and I am always amazed that we are happier now than we have ever been.  I wanted to show that and also bring in our love of the Caribbean and our vacations - just the two of us.  So I decided to show a couple of bright, colorful, tropical birds.
Now, this is my first ever water color and, although primitive, I am pretty sure it is a perfect addition to my journal.
I promise I will improve.  But after all, my journal is for me and I am happy I included it.
Thanks so much for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. This turned out so good CA! I am so happy for the 2 of you! I can not believe it has been 40 years! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I think we need another visit to celebrate! Keep up the good work here! Love what I am seeing! Maybe someday I can have a play at some of this too! LOVE all the mixed media stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think. I really appreciate your input.