Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try! - Dr. Seuss

Monday, September 24, 2012

The Grim Reaper

Yet another Halloween piece- this one of the Grim Reaper (cutesy style).  It was more difficult working with a dark figure.  I did a lot of the shading in white or grey.  It was also a bit harder working on the background knowing my figure would be dark.  For my foundation, I used anatomy book paper and, if you look hard enough, you can see a bit of the skeletons in the background.

And my original sketch:
The sketch was a bit chubbier and his head a bit rounder but once I started working on an 8X10 canvas I needed to make him tall, dark and handsome - LOL.  He is a cutie in either version and I really like him ALOT!!
Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously! This one with your other two could be sold at a home decor store! I would buy them, they're fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think. I really appreciate your input.